Friday, September 12, 2008

Soda Mix Candy

I'll be the first to admit, this is one strange candy. So strange, in fact, that I believe it could only have come from a work-release program for criminally insane food chemists.

The package, which now wish I had kept, illustrated three different flavors (no doubt, the "mix"), each representing a moderately famous Japanese soda flavor. Had I kept the package, I might have been able to guess which one this particular sample was meant to taste like. But I didn't, so all I can do is give you my impressions of how it tastes.

It tastes like lemon. Or soap. Or some kind of lotion. Lemon moisturizing soap. Tasty lemon moisturizing soap. Or what I imagine Mr. Clean-flavored soda would taste like. (Honestly, I think this might be Calpis Water flavor.)

The crunch is good, not great, with a bit more residue on the tooth than I'd like. None of this leads me to speculate on what those drano-blue flecks are.

Try one and see what you think. Take it from the royal taster: you will not die, it's not poison!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It truly does taste exactly like someone took a little hard ball of sugar and injected it with flecks of concentrated lemon Pledge. I had to chew gum AND drink a cup of coffee before the lemon soap taste began to fade from the roof of my mouth. Stay away and continue the fight for orange gummies!